I love dry brushing and I do it pretty much every day! I have an infrared sauna and so I brush just as soon as I enter the sauna. I find that brushing stimulates the sweating which I feel helps me to release more toxins. On the days that I don’t get in the sauna then I dry brush before my shower.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
- I find that my skin is softer and smoother
- I feel energized perhaps because circulation is stimulated
- My stomach feels more settled
- It feels like I am being sculpted
The kind of brush you use will make a difference. I am fine with firmer bristles! Prior to discovering my current brush I used one that was not as firm however once I switched I noticed a major difference! I am all in when it comes to the care of my body! I use the TAMPICO skin detox brush made of Tampico fiber from the agave plant by Yerba Prima (can be found at Erewhon Market, Amazon, and other stores)
TIPS FOR WOMEN
- Be sure to brush between your breasts
- Brush the sides of the breasts
- Brush the nodes under the arm
- Brush toward the heart always!
DRY SKIN BRUSHING IS KNOWN TO DO THE FOLLOWING
- Dry skin brushing stimulates your lymphatic system, aiding in detoxification; when your lymphatic system is not working properly, waste and toxins can build up and make you sick
- Dry skin brushing also boosts your circulation, exfoliates your skin, may reduce cellulite, and offers both stress relief and invigoration